StableMinded Vision and Philosophy
The overall vision of equine-assisted coaching and learning programs led by Lisa Pulliam, and held at Honey Brook Stables, is to serve individuals, families, and groups seeking to embrace the growth process by providing traditional and equine-assisted coaching and learning opportunities from a trauma-informed perspective and skills-based approach.
Lisa’s primary goal is to equip her clients with practical skills to navigate through anxiety, fear, insecurity, hurt, shame, mental blocks, leadership weaknesses, and relational conflict as she simplifies the brain-body-relationship connection that shapes mindset and habits. Her goal is to see her clients become resilient in the face of challenges and uncover the life they were made to live.
For those clients interested in integrating a biblically-focused approach into their sessions, Lisa is more than willing and able. However, both the individual and group programs are considered non-faith-based.
Purpose & Expectations of a Volunteer
The purpose of a StableMinded volunteer is to provide support essential support for the program at large. Each individual regardless of the role they fill must demonstrate a commitment to providing excellent, connected care for horses and humans alike. Comfortability around horses is essential along with a high level of awareness about one’s emotional state. The volunteer should have the ability to bring calmness into their interactions with a commitment to building relational connection as is appropriate for the context.
A foundational understanding of the Natural Lifemanship approach is essential with a commitment to informal and/or formal study and training. This individual should also have a positive attitude about mental health treatment, be cognizant and careful regarding their own cultural biases, and be sensitive to the privacy of the clients. A collaborative but non-gossip approach is essential.
Commitment to Confidentiality
Due to the nature of this work, volunteers must be willing to abide by the informed consent and policies promised by Lisa Pulliam to her clients. Specifically:
- Client Privacy: Under no circumstances, should a client session be discussed outside of the session, apart from debriefing with Lisa. Volunteers must not refer to clients or students by name in any context online or in person. The utmost discretion is expected when interacting with staff and clients of Honey Brook Stables.
- Client Respect: Clients of Lisa Pulliam may also be clients of Honey Brook Stables, therefore interacting with individuals in riding classes, clinics, and barn spaces may be commonplace. During those interactions, you are not to mention any content revealed during a session or publicly disclose their participation in a session. However, be warm and friendly with the clients, and allow your response to follow according to how they feel comfortable interacting with you.
- Contact with Clients Outside of Sessions or Events: Under no circumstances, should you meet socially with a client, date a client, babysit for a client, or accept and/or pursue friend requests with a client on social media. Exceptions may be made if the relationship with the client existed prior to your role as a volunteer or the individual's role as a client. This should be clearly discussed with Lisa and will be addressed with the client.
As a volunteer, you agree to the following terms:
- I will uphold the commitment to confidentiality as stated above.
- I will represent Lisa Pulliam, StableMinded, Authentic Life LLC, and Honey Brook Stables in such as way that my conduct is consistent with the vision and message of both organizations.
- I will wear hard-soled shoes and pants in and around the stables and while working with the horses so as to help prevent horse-related injuries. I will also be cognizant of the fit of my clothing, ensuring that functionality trumps fashion as well as also thoughtfulness to modesty for the comfortability of the client. I will also be sensitive to messaging on my clothing, such as logos or slogans, which a clients' interpretations may perceive as offensive or culturally insensitive.
- I understand that when I make a commitment to serve at a session, event, or task, I am expected to follow through on that commitment or find a suitable replacement at least two days in advance after speaking with Lisa Pulliam directly.
- Should I decide to end my role as a volunteer, I will give Lisa at least two weeks' notice.
- The following reasons would lead to termination in my role as volunteer:
- A breach of confidentiality.
- Failure to meet requirements without explanation.
- Failure to conduct one’s self in a professional and encouraging manner in interactions with Lisa Pulliam, clients, or Honey Brook Stables staff or clients. both in real life and via any social media network, may be cause for dismissal.
This document reflects the entire agreement between Lisa Pulliam, of Authentic Life LLC, and the Volunteer, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both Lisa Pulliam and the Volunteer.
If a dispute arises out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, Lisa Pulliam and Volunteer agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 30 days after notice given. If the dispute is not so resolved, and in the event of legal action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover attorney’s fees and court costs from the other party.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provisions.